AVIC411.com

Upgrade from D3 to X920?

I currently have a D3 installed with bluetooth. Since upgrading to the iPhone 4 the bluetooth has just never worked very well (poor audio quality on receivers end) I am wondering if changing to the X920 would be a smart move. I see that I will have to add on for a remote control to work which is disappointing. What other advantages/disadvantages is there between the 2? I am pretty happy with the D3 other than the bluetooth, I do use the navigation fairly often and for the most part it works well. My wife has a F900 and the navigation seems a whole lot worse then my D3 and its very annoying with how often it talks about intersections.

Will the bluetooth work well with iPhone 4?

Thanks for any advise

RWI

My iPhone 4 worked great with my D3 and it also works well with my new 920BT. You might want to try deleting the iPhone from the D3 and then re-sync it. I recently just bought the x920bt because the D3's LCD screen went. The iPhone features are better on the 920BT but the Nav is garbage, it lags behind pretty bad. I also miss the feature of dialing by phone number to enter a destination. I used that a lot, the 920BT doesn't have it. I like the D3 because you could put custom backgrounds on the splash screen, the main AV screen and the Nav screen. The X920bt i believe you can only do the splash screen( haven't really messed with it yet). As far as whether or not you should pickup the X920BT, its a toss up. I bought mine because I basically had to get another radio and there was 100.00 rebate. But, if you really don't "need" to get another radio, keep the D3.