AVIC411.com

f900BT black screen problem??

when i start the truck, it lights up, splash screen comes up, then all lights on radio turn off screen goes blank, but radio still plays??? any ideas??? before this happen i noticed my brightness was set to zero, which was odd since i have always had it set on 10 for over a year. any help please?? thanks

when i start the truck, it lights up, splash screen comes up, then all lights on radio turn off screen goes blank, but radio still plays??? any ideas??? before this happen i noticed my brightness was set to zero, which was odd since i have always had it set on 10 for over a year. any help please?? thanks

Maybe a setting it corrupted somewhere.. I'd try reformatting the unit follow the instructions here

Firmware 3.1

Warning this will delete everything off of your AVIC unit!

Have same issue and still goes black, any suggestions?

What step did you get stuck on?

nope, no one seems know to know the problem here. i finally was able to get into test mode and try to upgrade, and all i would get was SDMMC update failed. got no help here so i just put my factory radio back in to. good luck though

If the SDMMC failed.. it can be a bunch of things... either the actual update file is corrupted.. the internal drive went bad, or it has bad blocks, bad main board.

What step did you get stuck on?

If the SDMMC failed.. it can be a bunch of things... either the actual update file is corrupted.. the internal drive went bad, or it has bad blocks, bad main board.

Im not stuck on any step. I originally had the reboot loop problem but it still played AM/FM & Sirius. After a few months, Sirius stopped working so I followed the steps in the link posted above. After copying the files over, in now displays splash screen, and goes black...no more music. Can still get into test mode. Any help would be appreciated, do not want to take apart my dash to get this out.

Try the FX3.1 update again. Reread the thread to see the problems people have had. I found most would post a problem, then a couple posts later they resolved it as they did not follow instructions in the 1st place. Download the file again and follow instructions VERY carefully.

redid everything and now I cant get the first steps to finish b/c the system shuts down, ugh

Try the FX3.1 update again. Reread the thread to see the problems people have had. I found most would post a problem, then a couple posts later they resolved it as they did not follow instructions in the 1st place. Download the file again and follow instructions VERY carefully.

Thanks for your reply/help, I wound up finding another post that mentioned unmounting and formating flashdisk and creating a new partition!!!