AVIC411.com

Installation into Audi A3

Hi guys,

As stated, trying to install a F900BT into a 2006 plate Audi A3 3.2 V6 S-Line - replacing a Symphony headunit.

The Pioneer is in, but not working as it should. Canbus not working properly, no speedpulse, unit will not operate with ignition off but key still in (this used to work in my Skoda Octavia)

Installer says he is having trouble finding the right Canbus ????

Anyone know which one should work properly for this make of car?

Thanx in advance

Hi guys,

As stated, trying to install a F900BT into a 2006 plate Audi A3 3.2 V6 S-Line - replacing a Symphony headunit.

The Pioneer is in, but not working as it should. Canbus not working properly, no speedpulse, unit will not operate with ignition off but key still in (this used to work in my Skoda Octavia)

Installer says he is having trouble finding the right Canbus ????

Anyone know which one should work properly for this make of car?

Thanx in advance

I have one in the US version of 2007 A3. It all works, but installer needs to find correct CANBUS adapters to interface with Pioneer. In Europe, I believe, Soundgate/Dietz should work. I have speedpulse/illumination/reverse/ignition going from a Soundgate adapter with no issues.

Does your installer mean he's having trouble finding the right CANPULSE adapter to install with the unit, or is he saying he can't find the right electronics bus in your car to plug into? Two different questions...

If he means the former, then tell him the Soundgate CANPULSE4 worked fine with an AVIC D3 in my 2008 Audi A4. According to one version of the 2008 Soundgate compatibility guide (attached for you), it should work for a 2006 Audi.

Below are some links to help...and I attached an old fit guide from Soundgate.

Better hurry...they are discontinuing the Soundgate product line (new company named "Kicker" says you can still buy existing stock at retailers, but is sorry they are no longer going to do the Soundgate stuff...).

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_11444_SoundGate+CANPULSE4+-Price+Good+Only+While+Supplies+Last-.html

http://www.kicker.com/soundgate

You may also need the correct harness for your vehicle (e.g., something like the CAN45PIO for Pioneer radios).

The new company "Kicker" has a fit guide on their website, but I think it's totally fouled up. Wouldn't trust it at all...

If, on the other hand, your installer means that he can't find the right wires/bus/harness to plug into that's a different question...there are definitely folks on here who can help, though.

Which does he mean?

Soundgate Application Guide 0302.pdf

Thanx a million chaps - JohnnyDepp - It is the former - i.e. which Canpulse adaptor to get.

I'm in the U.K so will try to find european stockist for the Soundgate.

Thanx again.

Hope it works out...not sure what other harnesses or wiring adaptors you would need other than the CANPIO45.

By the way, here's a post on a different forum about an AVIC D3 Audi install from a couple of years back...might have some useful info to add to what's already on this forum:

http://www.audiforum.ca/general-d-i-y-do-yourself/1107-audi-d-i-y-a4-pioneer.html

Also, be aware the radio antenna can sometimes be tricky in the Audi (no seperate connector for AM/FM, etc.). There are one or two threads on this forum that tell you which antenna adapter to buy if you have problems getting the right physical setup to get both FM and AM.

There's another post about that here:

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/22821-avic-antenna-connections-in-a-2008-audi-a4/page__gopid__219149#entry219149