AVIC411.com

F900BT USB mode freezing

Hi everybody

First of all, congratulation for this nices forum.

I have a problem with my AVIC-F900BT.

I put it in FW 3.020200, and this I do it, my AVIC is bugging in USB mode.

To explain it, I plug my USB key, the AVIC recognize it, the song begin, and when I go to the SOURCE menu, I select USB, and then, my avic doesn't answer. The time elapsed of the song is static, I can't do anything with the tactil screen, when I turn the volume, I have to wait 10 seconds to see the volum level appearing on the top of the screen... If I try to change musique with the volume button, it doesn't work... BUT! when I push the "Menu" button, then I can change the song with the volume button...

So the problem really comes from the USB menu (I try with another USB key, the problem is the same).

So please, help me :roll:

(I'm sorry I'm French and I'm not speaking very well English...)

I think it's just the way things are with these units. When I bought mine I was hoping I could use a USB key just like a CD but that does not seem to be the case. Slow boot up, always starts over from the beginning, not always recognized. My SD card always appears on the menu but otherwise it's functions are equally disappointing.

I don't have an Ipod but I read on this forum somewhere that they work well in the USB jack.

I think it's just the way things are with these units. When I bought mine I was hoping I could use a USB key just like a CD but that does not seem to be the case. Slow boot up, always starts over from the beginning, not always recognized. My SD card always appears on the menu but otherwise it's functions are equally disappointing.

I don't have an Ipod but I read on this forum somewhere that they work well in the USB jack.

Ok thanks you Scott for your answer. I tested with a SD card, and it work perfectly. Fast, not freezing, so I think I'm gonna buy a SD card...