AVIC411.com

starting to love the x920BT

as time wears on, I'm just lovin' my x920BT more and more every day. For what I paid (sub $400), this has been the best tech purchase I've made in a long time. Sure, the nav could be a little more slick, and the BT quality has some up in arms (mine seems to be mostly fine), but overall, this is a great machine that has made my driving experience better every day.

I'll keep hammering Pioneer for improvements, but overall, this has been a great purchase.

I even find the ECO thing mildly amusing, especially the submarine "ping" that goes off when I goose the throttle.

ha

Do you have the MSN tuner? If so, what will you do when you lose traffic and live POI and searching in Jan 2011? Will you be pressing Pioneer for an FM-TDS accessory for all the F- and X-series units to replace MSN? Will you fork over another $1000 for the X999 or whatever they tell JasonH about at CES?

Just curious about your thoughts on that...

Do you have the MSN tuner? If so, what will you do when you lose traffic and live POI and searching in Jan 2011? Will you be pressing Pioneer for an FM-TDS accessory for all the F- and X-series units to replace MSN? Will you fork over another $1000 for the X999 or whatever they tell JasonH about at CES?

Technology changes every year - I imagine, in 15 months, when MSN dies, there will be an even better radio for my car, likely running either Windows 7 variant, or Android. I bought my first iPad 3 months ago. It will be obsolete next June. The tech world moves quickly. And doesn't MSN go away in January 2012? It's apparent you seem bitter about something, so it's likely whatever I say won't make you feel any better about Pioneer. Honestly, I never planned to use MSN. Live POI? Explain further please. Who is Jason? I hear Google is killing-off Google 411. Oh no - whatever will I do now - sell all my Google shares? I suppose I could have bought a Kenwood for three times as much, but then I couldn't use all that money to buy my new unit in January 2012.

Installing mine this weekend. How did you get it under $400? You use an Android phone? Backup camera?

Amazon sale - 30% off, then an Amazon daily special, which reduced it by $200, and then the $100 rebate. Awesome. Using very old Nokia and Bluetooth is fine - no backup cam yet, likely within 6 months. Be carefull with the install.

Be carefull with the install.

What are the do's and dont's? Im all ears for tips on getting this in fast and done right. What connectors should I use? 4 components and 1 amp no subwoofer. 14 gauge speaker wire, 4 gauge power. Bought this:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380259044645&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

What are the do's and dont's? Im all ears for tips on getting this in fast and done right. What connectors should I use? 4 components and 1 amp no subwoofer. 14 gauge speaker wire, 4 gauge power. Bought this:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380259044645&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

if you're making the connection using the RCA connectors on the 920, just make sure you do so with NO POWER on whatsoever. Some people disconnect the negative battery terminal for safety. Call the pioneer number in the manual for advice as well if you need some. As each car is different, I can't help you with your specific install.

Do you have the MSN tuner? If so, what will you do when you lose traffic and live POI and searching in Jan 2011? Will you be pressing Pioneer for an FM-TDS accessory for all the F- and X-series units to replace MSN?

well since i used the MSN traffic for the try out period and it sucked so much major balls that it wasn't even worth paying for to begin with, its probably a good thing anyway. its a piss poor service that only works good in very few places, and thats why its going out of service.

did any people that bought a HD-DVD player get a free blu-ray player when they lost the format war and HD-DVD's where discontinued?

Will you fork over another $1000 for the X999 or whatever they tell JasonH about at CES?

why would he fork out over $1000 when he didn't even spend $400 for the unit he has now