AVIC411.com

Adding F20BT to Z120 board forums

I think it may at this point make sense to add to the description of this forum.

It's now been doc'd that the F10/F20 are same hardware - and similarly software upgradeable/compatible.

Since those (F10/F20) really don't fit in the F forums (which have been cracked, modded etc), I would welcome them here.

It seems with a bit more 'critical mass (meaning tech ppl)', both HUs will move forward. They run pretty much the exact software etc...

Just a thought...

I agree.

I am more and more appreciating your short - and clear - responses B)

It seems we (F10/F20 brethren included)are on a nice course that may mean the end to warning screens, the adoption of many WIN features (from other forums), and a more open platform.

I'd doubt Pioneer gets it (marketing) - but the hacking of their unit will create more opportunities. Long term, a closed system dies due to both hand-held (Android) interface and tech moving forward.

IMHO Kenwood/Pioneer/JVC need to move toward the Chinese new standard (open WINCE5,6,Mobile / coming Android).

You keep the great hardware 'guts' which each is marketed with, you even keep most of the software 'guts (these systems run two OS'/hardware layers a Windows, and a 'proprietary')'.

I'm now climbing off my soapbox - hoping for a nice interface into a great product (great relative to a product that has no real hands-free ability - see main topic posted - I will continue to bring this issue up until it is fixed).