AVIC411.com

HTC Evo and Pandora Link?

I just bought and am waiting for my z110bt. Does the pandora feature work with android phones such as the HTC Evo?

Also looking for the following to purchase for the unit:

-USB Cable

-Ipod cable

-A/V Harness

-Mic

Let me know if you have any of these for sale.

No, the built-in Pandora interface only works with an iPhone/iPod touch. It requires a custom Pioneer app to be installed on the phone.

I comes with a fairly long USB dongle. One end plugs into the back of the HU, the other has a female USB jack. It also has a female 1/8" mini-jack for A/V. Your Pioneer iPod adapter (optional) plugs into both of these.

It comes with a mic, try it before you buy one. Mine works as good as any other non-noise cancelling mic. Some people have tried 3rd party mics with varying results.

Not sure what A/V harness you want. It comes with a dongle with all the AV jacks (various RCA inputs and outputs). You will probably want an adapter to plug into your factory harness.

No, the built-in Pandora interface only works with an iPhone/iPod touch. It requires a custom Pioneer app to be installed on the phone.

I comes with a fairly long USB dongle. One end plugs into the back of the HU, the other has a female USB jack. It also has a female 1/8" mini-jack for A/V. Your Pioneer iPod adapter (optional) plugs into both of these.

It comes with a mic, try it before you buy one. Mine works as good as any other non-noise cancelling mic. Some people have tried 3rd party mics with varying results.

Not sure what A/V harness you want. It comes with a dongle with all the AV jacks (various RCA inputs and outputs). You will probably want an adapter to plug into your factory harness.

Ok I understand the pandora situation now.

I do still need the above parts because the one I bought on ebay did not come with them :(

Ok I understand the pandora situation now.

I do still need the above parts because the one I bought on ebay did not come with them :(

You can buy the required cables from Pioneer. Gee, I wonder why a person would be selling a HU on ebay without bothering to also include the cables? Probably because they couldn't hang around long with the alarm going off. :rolleyes:

Well, I hope you got a great deal, cause it's unlikely you will find someone selling them. These are specific to this unit. You can order replacements from Pioneer, but it will be expensive. You will also need the GPS antenna and power cord. I'd guess it's about $150-$200 for everthing you shoud of received from a legit seller. I looked into just buying a spare power cord once, and it alone was about $45.

You can buy the required cables from Pioneer. Gee, I wonder why a person would be selling a HU on ebay without bothering to also include the cables? Probably because they couldn't hang around long with the alarm going off. :rolleyes:

Well, I hope you got a great deal, cause it's unlikely you will find someone selling them. These are specific to this unit. You can order replacements from Pioneer, but it will be expensive. You will also need the GPS antenna and power cord. I'd guess it's about $150-$200 for everthing you shoud of received from a legit seller. I looked into just buying a spare power cord once, and it alone was about $45.

Yea not sure why, think he upgraded to the z120 and it didnt come with the cables. But I got the hu for $515 with the manuals and original box so im sure its legit. Youre about on point with the prices for cables. I ebayed the power cord ($22) and antenna ($21.90). The ipod cord is $15, and the usb cable is $62, mic $36.50, A/V cables are $65. Just looking for lower prices. Never know

Those 15 dollar iPod cables are going to give you issues. In fact, you will be lucky to not have serious issues with this whole deal. You could have bought a new 120 for nearly the price you will eventually probably pay for this in the end. And thats not even counting the frustration you are likely to encounter soon. Good luck to you however.

I emailed Pioneer on Android and got this back:

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc.

Unfortunately as of right now we have not received any information about adding support for the Android operating system. But with the Droid phones becoming extremely popular and more and more people asking for it could just be a matter of time before we issue some update to add that feature.

Thank You,

Kevin

Customer Service Representative

Sounds good to me!!