AVIC411.com

AVIC Feeds App

According to Pioneer's website, the AVIC Feeds App features:

"Saved Photos - Geotagged photos sent to users or photos from the internet can be used as a POIs"

But, when I tap on Photo on AVIC Feeds itself, no photos are listed there. Photos saved from Safari into the Camera Roll on the iphone 4 are also absent.

So my question is, how do you use iPhone 4 to customize "geotagged photos" to the POIs?

You cant. That feature doesn't work and it hasn't worked for a while now. The only way to use geotagged photos is to take the photo with the app which makes this feature practically useless.

This may have been beaten to death already, but does anyone know WHY they disabled the original geotagging feature, or if it will ever be enabled again? You're right, the newer 'dumbed down' feature is pretty much uselss. To some it may have seemed little more than a novelty, but being able to have all your camera roll geotagged (or receive geotagged photos via text or e-mail) was pretty amazing and extremely useful... for example, a friend sent an iphone photo from a great photography site he found. It was off the main roads with no address. He sends the photo to my iphone, I save it as a contact and the AVIC routes me there to do a shoot. So simple.

Unfortunately, now I have to open the AVIC Feeds app to take a geotagged photo, which I never remember to do... I wish I could downgrade that app.

I submitted this issue way back when the first version was released that it should read the photos in your entire library not just the camera role. Back then I though the limited usage of this feature was useless in that it would only read your camera role which most people don't keep their pics in once they sync their phone to their computer. I mean if this feature is to allow you to route to a place you have been to before, shouldn't it do it from your photo library sense that is where your pics are going to be stored? Anyway, they not only did not address that issue (big surprise there when we'er talking about Pioneer) they managed to screw the entire feature up and it cant be used at all now. It really should be no surprise that any app released from Pioneer in any form is likely not to work properly.

• 3 weeks later...