AVIC411.com

F700BT Reload

Okay, maybe this has been answered in detail somewhere. If it has, I apologize. Ive been furiously googling, searching here, clicking, etc for the last 2 days trying to figure out what's wrong with my F700BT.

In any case, I would really appreciate it if someone could explain how to reload my F700BT with the 2.006 software. My Avic took a dump the other day, starting with the LEDs not lighting up, then the unit going blank after attempting to reboot. I did a reset, and then attempted installing 2.008, but nothing has really worked. Now the unit is stuck in the boot screen and will "reboot" itself after sitting for a while.

I have the test mode files sitting on an SD card, along with the 2.006 files from Pioneer's website, but really need instructions on how to reload my AVIC with 2.006 so I can get this thing back to functional again.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Forget 2.008. Jump to 3.0201. Follow the instructions in this LINK and don't look back. It will cure your reboot issues and give you a whole new unit.

I guess I could given that anything is better than nothing, I just want to get my radio back for the hour-long drives back home every other weekend. If those instructions are sound and there's a minimal possibility for major failure, Ill go for it tomorrow.