AVIC411.com

when I open the settings tab I don't have access to the system settings or the navi settings All other functions are working. I can't access the bluetooth or phone settings.

Anyone had this problem. I tried to update but that didn't work either. Help!

I forgot to add the model, AVIC F7010BT

You bypass is not done correctly. Check your connections.

I went back and pulled the unit out and rechecked everything again and then backed out of the changes one at a time.

I put the mute wire back in factory location then hooked up the parking break wire per installation instructions. The unit is now installed as the factory intended and I still can't access the system or navi settings in park with the break applied or any other way. Has anyone got any suggestions for a fix.

You have a connection problem. There is only two reasons why the bypass doesn't work. It is either not done correctly or there is a connection problem, period. Keep checking your connections until it works.

The only variable I can think of is the plug end I got from metra to use to avoid cutting the factory harness.It said it worked for a nissan and a subaru. It had a black wire (metra diagram says it's a ground) that said subaru only and I checked its location on the nissan factory plug and the wire is hot when the key is on so if I connected it to ground it would create a dead short. Is it possible that one of the wire from the car is incorretly matched up in the plug.

If it didn't work when you wired the P brake wire to the P brake then that indicates a connection issue with that wire.

If this is caused by the parking break wire which comes out of the black plug that goes into the back of the unit and has nothing to do with the plugs that attached to the nissan plug from the truck. Could the black plug that goes into the back of the unit be bad.

I have tried grounding the green break wire and hooking it to the parking break and it makes no differance.