AVIC411.com

Hello, i recently had an issue with my ipod cable being bad, so i wanted to try to use a usb stick to play some music. I formatted the 2 gig stick with fat32, and put a few songs on there, when i plug it in i get nothing, it just states now loading and does not play anything. i have tried 3 different usb sticks, all formatted to fat 32, the 8 gig i formatted with a 32kb, still nothing. my unit is a f700bt.

Am i missing something?

any help would be appreciated.

thank you

kevin

are the music files .mp3s? does usb stick show up in the AV source? if they are .mp4s (aka songs you purchased off of itunes) due to copy right protection you can ONLY play them off of an Apple device (ipods and iphones) they wont work if you copy the .mp4s to a USB memory stick. If they are mp3s and its not working, you might have a bad USB port. :sad:

the usb is showing up in the source, the unit does recognize the usb. these are mp3's also.

wow thats weird... uuhh what else ... depending on what windows operation system you have at home i think there's different format options within windows xp from example "fat16", and in windows 7 there's "exFAT", "FAT" and lastly "FAT32" try each one of those. I know that the AVIC wont read NTFS so dont bother with that option.

if the usb was not working would it still control my ipod? tho.

if the cable isnt 100% fried you could control your ipod.

i just tried all formats, nothing worked.

is there some sort of file/folder structure i should be using?

nope not with music, only photos for the splash screen.