AVIC411.com

New X920BT...Problems!!!!

What's up guys, Just got a new AVIC X920BT installed today in a 2007 Avalanche.. The problem is that most of the settings are greyed out. I do apologize if this has been covered, and I did try to search for my issue, but couldn't quite find a match. I am unable to change any system settings, including the time ( cant even get to that point). I already updated to the latest firmware, but still no change. Everything else works as far as I can tell, but something is surely wrong. I paid $345 bucks for a "professional" install with a back up cam and an Axxess ASWC (steering wheel remote adapter) so Im just wondering if there is a quick fix for this, or could it be something with the installation. Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated.

Unless your unit is bypassed, you need to have the parking brake on to access those grayed out settings.

Thanks for the quick response..I feel kind of dumb now..but not really since this if the first car stereo that Ive ever owned, that had this "precaution" i guess..so not just having the vehicle in park...but actually applying the parking break. That seems a little excessive Pioneer..lol Ill try this tomorrow. Thanks again.

And all along..im thinking everyone is doing the bypass just to be able to watch movies while driving..lol..Now I wish I would have gotten the installers to do the bypass. Once again..Im sure that question has been answered a million times..so my apologies.....but this is my first unit with NAV..my old unit in my other car was a Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD..and I could adjust system settings without applying the parking brake..that's why I was confused. Thanks.. Great Forum by the way!

If I ever see anyone watching a movie while driving, I'm calling the local police.

An elderly couple was killed on the Trans Alaska highway some years ago in one of the first "watching while driving" cases...a pair of early 20-somethings was in the front seats watching a CD movie on a player taped to their dashboard when they crossed the centerline and caused a head-on collision. Amazingly, they got off on manslaughter charges...

Since then, this is happening with increased frequency...

If I ever see anyone watching a movie while driving, I'm calling the local police.

An elderly couple was killed on the Trans Alaska highway some years ago in one of the first "watching while driving" cases...a pair of early 20-somethings was in the front seats watching a CD movie on a player taped to their dashboard when they crossed the centerline and caused a head-on collision. Amazingly, they got off on manslaughter charges...

Since then, this is happening with increased frequency...

I totally agree. I would never want a movie playing while I drive... I don't want to watch a DVD in my car period...when u Have a 55 inch lcd hd tv.. why would I wanna watch a movie on a 6 inch screen..smh..I just think being able to change an address on the fly would be nice. When we travel, my wife works the GPS in our Expedition while I drive, but with it being so cumbersome in the Avalanche. I don't think well be making to many road trips in it.

In my state we have no distracted driving laws so everything is legal, until you kill someone.

Great! That way one can merely WOUND people, cause major accidents, loss of vehicles and property. Cool....good to know.

What state is that, by the way? I have to go add an "area to avoid" section to both my Kenwood and my buddy's AVIC...LOL.