AVIC411.com

Couple questions about z120bt

I havent really messed with my HU since install, but one problem I have everyday is my gps needs to be recalibrated for my location. the arrow is either facing the wrong way or is facing sideways when im driving forward (if this makes sense) it's almost as if my gps antenna was facing side ways or sometimes backwards but putting it in different positions doesnt help, any idea?

also my mic sounds like im far away, I figured thats just a bad mic issue.

thanks in advance for the help

• 4 weeks later...

I havent really messed with my HU since install, but one problem I have everyday is my gps needs to be recalibrated for my location. the arrow is either facing the wrong way or is facing sideways when im driving forward (if this makes sense) it's almost as if my gps antenna was facing side ways or sometimes backwards but putting it in different positions doesnt help, any idea?

also my mic sounds like im far away, I figured thats just a bad mic issue.

thanks in advance for the help

Here are some things to consider.

Did you install it or was it "professionally" installed? Was VSS connected, and Reverse? Are the red and yellow power leads correctly connected. If not, the unit will loose it's location each time it is turned off.

In the NAVI Settings screen, What is your GPS status and the color of your GPS ANT indicator?

What do you mean by recalibration? Is Speed Pulse turned on? What is the learning status of your NAV? How often do you drive this vehicle?

The unit has internal motion sensors that can detect direction/turns even before the GPS signal gets locked (based on your last "fix"). So even in a parking garage, you should see fairly accurate NAV tracking, using dead reckoning. I wonder if this could be affected by strong magnetic fields (like a speaker) near the HU?

However, if it is correctly installed and configured, then you may have a defective unit.