AVIC411.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am having the same issue and unfortunately I am not sure there is a fix for it. I have the same 160GB ipod. I can't remember where I heard this but that ipod requires a little more power. I took 3 other ipods (80gb, iphone and nano)and none of them had any issues. And the ipod I have works great when connecting to anything else. It just has issues with the Pioneer unit.

I can also tell you that I also bought an Apple cable to replace the cable that came with the unit. And it was actually worse for me. I know a lot of people here say it works better but I can tell you that wasn't the case for me. I wound up putting in the original cable. Since then I have just been using my iphone and I haven't had any issues with the disconnecting. I did have the unit replaced only for it to happen again.

I know this is probably not what you wanted to hear. The biggest problem I had with getting service on this was because other ipods works fine on the unit. So the answer I usually got was "It is the ipod".

Good luck,

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

well you really only have two options, not use your ipod until a fix is found (if a fix is ever found) or get a different Ipod.

i thought that the 160's used a different brand of hard drive, and that that caused some issues kinda like this and that is why the 160's where discontinued for a short time as they went back to just 120 gb for a while before bringing the 160's back, do you know if you have a new 160 or an old one (i believe that the new one have only been out for maybe two years and the original ones may be around 4 years old)