AVIC411.com

Issue with XM receiver on Pioneer Z120 - Audio cuts out sometimes

I'm toying with an idea to wire my tuner like this circuit (which I have drawn, btw). So whenever it dumps out, just rock the switch back and forth. Cuz to be honest, it is pain in the ass when you're driving and no more XM until you restart.

Are you using a proper XM antenna in a proper location???? Did you splice it in any way? Read the entire thread...

I don't think this is a bug...I think anyone having this problem is either using the wrong antenna, or messed up the antenna installation or location in some way, or both.

I'm toying with an idea to wire my tuner like this circuit (which I have drawn, btw). So whenever it dumps out, just rock the switch back and forth. Cuz to be honest, it is pain in the ass when you're driving and no more XM until you restart.

Won't this cause you to lose the presets as well?

I haven't had this problem the entire week so I haven't bothered trying the OEM XM antenna yet. Want to see how long this problem free streak will last. :)

Yeah I'm using the supplied antenna situated on the rear roof.

Nope, that's what the battery wire is for.

Interesting... Which model tuner do you have?

I`ve got the GEX-920XM and it only has two power cables, a constant 12Volt and a ground. There is no third connection like you showed in your diagram.

• 2 weeks later...