AVIC411.com

Iphone audio on x920bt

I have a x920bt and am pairing with a 1st gen iphone running the 3.1.3 firmware. After testing the unit for the last few months I have a few questions:

1. The phone syncs perfectly for handsfree calling and the sound is great. However, I am not able to play any music via bluetooth. It will play if I plug in the ipod sync cable, but not via bluetooth. When I click on the bluetooth icon on the stereo it says "iphone disconnected" with a button for connect. When I push connect it says "please start the bluetooth connection on your iphone".... the connection is already started on the iphone. I restart the connection on the phone and still nothing. I have even restarted the connection on the stereo and still nothing.

2. When I plug my iphone into the stereo via the sync cable, it automatically starts playing the ipod. Is there any way of turning this feature off so that I tell it what to do after I plug it in. It is rather annoying because sometimes I get dual audio coming from the radio and the ipod.

3. When I have the iphone connected via the sync cable it plays audio from pandora and the ipod, but will not play any audio from the internet. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to enable this?

4. When using the voice recognitoin it works perfectly except after every command I say it, it asks to verify... ex: If I say "call John Samith cell phone", it responds "would you like to call the mobile number for John smith".. then I have to say "yes", then it says "Calling the mobile number for John Smith"... can I turn off all of this back and forth, so when I tell it to do something it just does it. The voice recognition works flawlessly... it just needs to do it instead of verifying everything.

Sorry for so many questions... I have just been testing the unit for a while and didn't want to ask anything until I needed to. Any thoughts? Any help is greatly appreciated.

1. The first gen doesn't support BT audio.

2. No.

3. What do you mean by, "audio from the internet"?

4. There is no setting to turn it off but you can hit the VR button to interrupt the prompt and give your response.

For 3. I think he means if he has audio playing in his internet browser (e.g., audio from a YouTube clip or a music clip, or streaming from some web site).

The iPhone doesn't support internet audio sense it doesn't support flash. All internet related media is played through the iPhone version of quicktime which will display on the unit.

I use my IPhone to play my Sirius Internet Radio when connected to my X920 via bluetooth all the time. But then again my phone is a 3G

Thanks for the replies everyone. It sounds like the next upgrade will be my iphone. I thought that even the 1st gen iphones could stream bluetooth audio with the latest firmware. It is wierd that handsfree would work, but the stereo audio will not.

JohnnyDepp was correct... I was talking about streaming internet audio from you tube or mp3 from a website.

Thanks for the replies everyone. It sounds like the next upgrade will be my iphone. I thought that even the 1st gen iphones could stream bluetooth audio with the latest firmware. It is wierd that handsfree would work, but the stereo audio will not.

JohnnyDepp was correct... I was talking about streaming internet audio from you tube or mp3 from a website.

Yea as I said the iPhone doesn't support audio or video form the browser but it will display video from the Youtube and Netflix apps as well as the Photo and camera apps on the touch screen.

The first gen iPhone will not support BT audio streaming because the BT hardware will not support it. The 3G barley does it and is very problematic for most people. The 3GS and i4 with their more powerful processors are trouble free with BT audio streaming.

• 3 months later...

I am using a 3G iPhone and have the same issue. An added step from about is to look at your bluetooth connection in setting and make sure it says hands free and audio.

I get the connect from the phone app but nothing happens. Is there something special I should be doing with the phone?

By the way, I can play all audio sources including slacker with the connection cable.