AVIC411.com

No Bluetooth on f90bt

So about a week back the bluetooth on my Avic-f90bt just stopped working and syning with my mobile phone. I kept trying to find devices from both my handset and my Avic....but no go. Then it worked once after trying for about 1/2 hour, but as soon as I stopped and turned off the car and restarted, there was no connection found. I also notice the flashing blue light hardly if ever comes on.

I contacted Pioneer and under the "Bluetooth S/W" mine is empty. I tried loading the latest s/w via a usb device and after 10-15 minutes is came back with an error message. I've tried this twice and both times the exact same result.

BTW, this is a pure stock unit with the 2.0 rel and I was hoping that someone on this forum may have some ideas on what I can do to get my BT working again?

• 1 month later...

This is rediculous...just got email from Pioneer saying that I would need to send it out to them for a flat fee of $200 to fix. No way! I spent $1k on this item I expect it to work. Any help here?

Well I ended up removing the unit and sending it in (I still have 90 days left in my 2 year warranty). They replaced the unit and the new unit works fine. From what I was told, there is no fix for the BT issue other than full replacement.

Good luck though

I spent $1k on this item I expect it to work. Any help here?

yea you can try to update the BT software, if there is a newer version availible, however if it is a hardware issue it will need to be repaired

This is rediculous...just got email from Pioneer saying that I would need to send it out to them for a flat fee of $200 to fix.

so its not still under warrenty? if not, why would you expect any company to do repair work for free after the warranty has expired? that how pretty much every buisness is ran.