AVIC411.com

Pioneer DEH-P9800BT need help

I have purchased a new DEH-P9800BT a few month back and installed it with an i-pod interface into my 4x4 - works very nice.......

Now I'm trying to use the bluetooth interface with my bluetooth phones.

I have tried four different ones, make and models, and have always the same problem - all phones are pairing just fine, but when I try to upload the phone directory the phone disconnects the blurtooth link :D

As soon I change the 9800BT settings screen, the phone reconnects automatically. I can dial out on the phone and the 9800Bt takes over just fine providing hands free communications, but the phone book thing........

Any help and/or input is really appreciated,

Karl

I just pulled the same unit out of my Regal and put in my son's Accord. I could not get my Sprint phone to transfer the address book. Bluetooth functionality is going to vary based on carrier, phone, and BT version. For example, Verizon blocks the ability to transfer the address book via BT on all their phones.

You should dig around at http://www.caraudio.com/forum/ to see if you can find further answers. Good luck

I just pulled the same unit out of my Regal and put in my son's Accord. I could not get my Sprint phone to transfer the address book. Bluetooth functionality is going to vary based on carrier, phone, and BT version. For example, Verizon blocks the ability to transfer the address book via BT on all their phones.

You should dig around at http://www.caraudio.com/forum/ to see if you can find further answers. Good luck

Thanks for the link!

All my phones are with t-mobile, but two of them are unlocked phones and last night I was able, while in the phone book upload screen (9800BT), to copy 1 record at a time from the razor to the head unit. Not a good way to do it at all! The phone looked every time for the 9800BT, established the bluetooth connection, uploaded one record and dropped the BT connection again. After recycling power to the 9800 it would automatically connect to the Motorola phone and I could dial from the 9800 the few numbers I had transfered earlier.

The same phone works flawless with a Daimler Chrysler factory installed bluetooth system.

Happy New Year,

Karl

Thanks for the update. I also stumbled across this trying to get my son's phone to transfer the address book.

http://www.howardforums.com/archive/topic/961298-1.html

In answer to some of those, you can transfer phone book, and it is actually tied into the automatically connecting part. Once you pair your phone to the deck, you need to go into the function menu and 'register' your phone to the deck. This will allow automatic pairing when in range and allow you to transfer your contacts. Your phone disconnects from the deck when you hit phone book transfer because it has to disable the handsfree profile. You just need to go to your phonebook on the phone and send each contact 1 by 1 via bluetooth (thats my only gripe) to the deck and it will accept it. Once that is done, exit out of the phonebook transfer screen and wait a few seconds and the deck should automatically repair itself to your phone. I had the exact same problem with my motorola v3, but I figured it out. Hope this helps.