AVIC411.com

sub not working- x920bt

ok so i am ready to put my fist through this nice new avic x920bt! i just swapped systems and my sub wont work on any set of pre amps from the hu? i have no idea why, but this is driving me insane! i have a brand new hu, mute wire mod all working perfect, until i went to install my amp/sub today. i have tested continuity on my rca cables and connections and all check out ok. power to amp is good, all wiring is new, radio been in about 2 months. all speakers work, fade, bal, gps, bluetooth etc...

it appears all my pre-amps are dead but i tested with a meter and im not getting any power from the pre-outs, though when i test to ground i get slight movement but nothing significant. is there a way to bypass the pico fuse(s) because thats the only thing i can think is wrong but i cant imagine how they blew? does grounding out really work because they are either 2 or 4 volt (i forget) and im barely getting anything even when grounding my rca's there is still no sound. any help is appreciated. thanks

dan

it definitely sounds like the problem is either the "fuses" or a bad output section of the board, either way i would exchange it with where you got it.

Er....there's nothing in this thread so far about him actually checking the Sub-Woofer related settings on the X920BT. Did you want to ask him if he's actually got the various Sub-Woofer settings in the X920BT menus set properly??? For example...

- Maybe he's got the SubWoofer setting to "Full" instead of "Sub" in the AV Menu

- Maybe he's got the SubWoofter-specific menu settings (e.g, the phase, the frequencies, the level) set oddly

- Maybe he's got the SubWoofer setting to "Full" instead of "Sub" in the AV Menu

then he would get sound and a full signal out of the rca, just more freq's then he wants

- Maybe he's got the SubWoofter-specific menu settings (e.g, the phase, the frequencies, the level) set oddly

phase and freq, no matter what the setting, would give you some sound (maybe not quite the sound hes looking for, but sound none the less)

also he said that he tried all of the outputs not just the sub out, and level adjustments wouldn't affect all the channels at the same time (you can fade between front and back or separately adjust the sub level)but no setting would make all of the inputs "dead" at the same time

IF it was as simple as the sub outs being turned off, then god have mercy on his soul, because he has no business owning a AVIC or messing with his own sub install, generally anyone who has a DMM and knows how to use it, should at least be smart enough to check all the settings before going any further (key word SHOULD)and i usually will assume so, you can tell alot about how smart some one is when they decribe the problem to you and what they have done so far to troubleshoot it.

however OP, check your settings.

then he would get sound and a full signal out of the rca, just more freq's then he wants

Are you sure about the first point? I think the Sub setting in these units is a little counterintuitive and the japanese-to-english translation is a little spotty on this particular issue. I think the manual says to use "Full" if you have ONLY a set of rear speakers and NO subwoofer. If you HAVE a subwoofer, I think it says you need to select "Sub", no?

Yes, I know it sounds weird that "Full" would drive fewer audio elements than "Sub" but the manual is a bit hard to understand for this setting...in fact, I wouldn't mind some clarification myself. I installed an X920BT for my buddy...I think he said his subwoofer is definitely working in addition to all eight of the regular speakers in his Audi, and I'm almost sure we left it set to "Sub"...