AVIC411.com

Is there a way to hook up video game systems with the AVIC F90bt? Such as a PS2 slim or a NES emulator to play any NES game.

Would you need a carputer to make this work or would it be possible with the f90bt and gaming system?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

*Note*: I am mainly interested in installing some way to play any NES game but don't want to go through the trouble and $$$ of building a carputer and looking for alternatives.

It appears the PS2SLIM has an external power brick, which does the AC to DC conversion. So it sounds like you would need a cigarette lighter DC converter like this

6206.jpg

Just get a female cigarette lighter socket to hard wire it to 12V ignition and ground. With that and your AV cables u will be set.

• 2 weeks later...

for what? can you be more specific

I've yet to try it, but supposedly the 3.5mm headphone jack on the front of the F90BT is an A/V jack, so you can run both sound and video into there by going to AV2 on the screen of the stereo.

you also need an inverter box to power up your console.

Easy, $20 fix. I've been using a PS2 and inverter in my M5 for years, running to an old Pioneer CVA1005 and it works great. I've got a similar one in my X5, but since the F90BT can play movies, I mostly use it to power a laptop and then use my phone to provide WiFi for whoevers using the laptop.

Hmmmmm, I like playing video games more than the next guy, but I don't know if it would be safe driving while playing video games :shock:

Huh? Coming from another person who has a car stereo in their dash than can do GPS and movies via SD/DVD just like everyone else on these forums?! Just because it's in your line of sight doesn't mean you have to watch it. While I do watch movies on long 6+hr roadtrips (for those reading this, please save the flaming), I would never play games...but that never stopped my friends and/or kids in the car from doing it.