AVIC411.com

Are my Audio issues because I have an Older Firmware?

Sup fellas,

I just finished installing my z120bt. Bypass done, VSS connected, everything is working as it should except 2 things.

1-I can not get Audio over BT

2-My phone isn't seen as USB storage when connected via USB

Now, I checked the FW I have installed and it reads 2.00 I realize there is an update (2.003000) to which I have PIONEER sending me. (I don't have a Micro SD card :unsure:)

Is it possible my issues will be fixed once I update?

afa the issues go,

1-My phone (Samsung Fascinate) Pairs up fine and I can make calls w/ the unit but asa I try AOBT, It just sits there and says "Connecting"

2-I've also connected my phone as a USB storage device & also connected an audio out cable to the provided USB/Audio cable and get no sound and also no USB.

Although, the phone is charging so I know it's connected.

In the shortcuts I added both ipod & USB (just to see if they get detected) but nuthin', they both stay greyed out.

It's a little frustrating because 2 of the main reasons I bought it were for AOBT & USB!

Were any of these issues that were updated?

Anyhelp would be nice....

TIA

The firmware wont make a difference and you may already have it but cant tell because the unit will not reflect if 2.03 is on it or not. When you attempt to update it if it wont work that is why.

1. Some new phones wont work with this unit for BT streaming.

2. No phones other then iPhone work for USB music/video.

In short you are likely going to have to get another phone or an iPod if you want these features. You can use a USB drive or SD card for music/video but results very per person.

The firmware wont make a difference and you may already have it but cant tell because the unit will not reflect if 2.03 is on it or not. When you attempt to update it if it wont work that is why.

1. Some new phones wont work with this unit for BT streaming.

2. No phones other then iPhone work for USB music/video.

In short you are likely going to have to get another phone or an iPod if you want these features. You can use a USB drive or SD card for music/video but results very per person.

Thx for the reply VBLUE,

Just to update, I did test w/ the wifey's phone and her AOBT worked!

She has the HTC Incredible. The difference between our phones is that hers is 2.2 while mine is still 2.1. I guess i'll check this again once the Galaxy S froyo update comes out.

afa the USB portion, It really shouldn't matter what phone it is simply because most phones nowadays can be read/used as a USB device (Drive). That is what I was trying to do, just have my phone recognized as a USB drive.

That's why I find that a little baffling.

I'll post some updates as I go along, again thx for the response B)

• 1 month later...

I just got an update installed on my Fascinate, ...and...Bayum!!

It now works!

Crisp Pandora from my Android. Also tested some files on my Phone's SD card and it streams perfectly.

NICE.

Good news. Glad you have it working.

I wanted to clarify. You are streaming via BT? There was some discussion here about unsuccessfully using the phone as a USB drive, which is a totally different interface to the AVIC.

So, if BT, are MP3 tags displayed on the AVIC screen when playing songs? How about FF,RW, Pause, etc. controls on the AVIC?

• 2 weeks later...

Good news. Glad you have it working.

I wanted to clarify. You are streaming via BT? There was some discussion here about unsuccessfully using the phone as a USB drive, which is a totally different interface to the AVIC.

So, if BT, are MP3 tags displayed on the AVIC screen when playing songs? How about FF,RW, Pause, etc. controls on the AVIC?

Thx Ron,

Yes...Bluetooth stream so I use Pandora and my Music player.

As a USB drive, I haven't really retested that so I'll still say no.

afa mp3 display, It does not display album art but does respond to the Next track forward/rev, pause, play etc...which is all on the Bluetooth screen.

I guess we'll get more as phones get updated.

B)