AVIC411.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

My AVIC-F9110BT have bad radio signal. I suspect the cable to the antenna is not connected. Can anyone tell me how I can check that?

Greateful for answer ...

Sokoban

What kind of vehicle is it installed in? My 08 Avenger has a powered antenna(or something like that), so there was another wire that had to be connected - in addition to the normal antenna cable.

Wow.. Why I haven't I thinking about that before?

The question is HOW I open the unit from the dash to check the cable ...

//Sokoban

dont be a smart ass, he gave you all of the instructions he could from the info you gave, how the hell will we know how to take apart you car when you never told us what kind it is? believe it or not, every car comes apart differently. and you didnt ask him how to disamble the dash, you ask the question, you supect that the antenna is unplugged and you needed to know how to check to see if it was? and the only real answer to that question is the remove the radio from the dash and look.

so allow me to further help you, go to metraonline.com, then select the products tab,, then inter your year, make, and model. then look at the install instructions for the dash kit for your car, the dash disambly instructions will be written out for you to use. then you can remove your radio and check to see if it is really disconected.

by the way, if you dont have a old school long metal antenna on your car, then you probably have, or need an adapter that has an antenna signal ampflier that needs to get power up for you to receive any radio stations.

your welcome.

so allow me to further help you, go to metraonline.com, then select the products tab,, 
then inter your year, make, and model. then look at the install instructions for the dash kit for your car, 
the dash disambly instructions will be written out for you to use. 
then you can remove your radio and check to see if it is really disconected.

Sorry but I can't find any information about my Navigation System.. :???:

I have Volkswagen Passat 2008 with Pioneer AVIC-F9110BT, maybe wrong forum?

so allow me to further help you, go to metraonline.com, then select the products tab,, 
then inter your year, make, and model. then look at the install instructions for the dash kit for your car, 
the dash disambly instructions will be written out for you to use. 
then you can remove your radio and check to see if it is really disconected.

Sorry but I can't find any information about my Navigation System.. :???:

I have Volkswagen Passat 2008 with Pioneer AVIC-F9110BT, maybe wrong forum?

The dash assembly instructions have NOTHING to do with the model of the nav unit, and everything to do with the model of the vehicle, the metra links will get you the dash assembly instructions. A disconnected antenna doesn't care what model NAV or stereo it's attached to, nor does it matter.

Sorry but I can't find any information about my Navigation System

well there is you problem, you didnt ask for any info on you nav system, you asked

The question is HOW I open the unit from the dash to check the cable

and all the info on how you can remove the avic so that you can check out if your cables are connected can be found with the directions i listed.

also you should check out to see if the problem has to do with what i mentioned in the last parragraph of my first post