AVIC411.com

Porsche 911 turbo install

Hello,

I am installing the AVIC Z-120BT into a porsche 911 turbo.

[*]If there anything I need to know in gerneral?

[*]I need to move the A/C dash controler below the new Pioneer nav unit. As anyone done this and is there anything I need to know.

[*]How can I buy a chase that will fit in a Porsche 911 that is compatable with the AVIC Z-120BT unit?

[*]How can I get the Porsche logo so that I can see that when the unit boots up. I don't want to see the Poineer logo on startup.

Thanks in advanced.

Hello,

I am installing the AVIC Z-120BT into a porsche 911 turbo.

•  
  • If there anything I need to know in gerneral?
  • I need to move the A/C dash controler below the new Pioneer nav unit. As anyone done this and is there anything I need to know.
  • How can I buy a chase that will fit in a Porsche 911 that is compatable with the AVIC Z-120BT unit?
  • How can I get the Porsche logo so that I can see that when the unit boots up. I don't want to see the Poineer logo on startup.

Thanks in advanced.

Before anyone could even begin to help, they would need to know:

•  
  • Exact model (Carrera, GT3..)
  • Year
  • Existing Head Unit (CDR24, CDR30, PCM2, PCM3..)
  • Existing Speakers (Bose,....)
  • Existing AMP/Sub

You will need a kit including bezel, mount cage, OEM harness adapter, and depending on the above, various interfaces.

I have a 2010 Cayman, so I am slightly familiar with that year's wiring and basic factory setup. Factory Bose is a costly complication (that I luckily didn't have to deal with). I'm not familiar with 911's. However, other members have installed and posted, so search!

Here is an example of a kit that will help. Ebay link

You will find that Loi @ Euro MotorSpeed is an expert on this stuff and can probably send you specific instructions.

You can download several Porsche splash screens from this board. Such as Porsche screens

Read your Z120 manual for simple instructions on loading your custom screen.

•  
  • Year
  • Existing AMP/Sub

You will need a kit including bezel, mount cage, OEM harness adapter, and depending on the above, various interfaces.

I have a 2010 Cayman, so I am slightly familiar with that year's wiring and basic factory setup. Factory Bose is a costly complication (that I luckily didn't have to deal with). I'm not familiar with 911's. However, other members have installed and posted, so search!

You will find that Loi @ Euro MotorSpeed is an expert on this stuff and can probably send you specific instructions.

You can download several Porsche splash screens from this board. Such as Porsche screens

Here is what I have:

[*]Exact model - 911 turbo

[*]Year- 2002

[*]Existing Head Unit -CDR24

[*]Existing Speakers -Bose

[*]Existing AMP/Sub- stock amp no sub

Here is what I have:

[*]Exact model - 911 turbo

[*]Year- 2002

[*]Existing Head Unit -CDR24

[*]Existing Speakers -Bose

[*]Existing AMP/Sub- stock amp no sub

I don't see a bezel/cage for 2din 2002 911's. So that will take some skill and customized work. A pro should be able to handle it, but I doubt you will find a pre-made kit. As far as wiring, a CDR24 -> Z120/110 has been done many times. Check some Porsche boards. Same with the Bose integration. Some people replace the Bose amp and/or speakers. Others have made it work with the stock Bose amp (I think I recall that right). Since Bose wasn't an issue for me, I really didn't bother following those issues. Sorry, your best bet is to go to a 911 board. I like Planet-9. P 9 911 Electronics sub-forum

That's about all the help I can provide. Good luck and be sure to post a follow-up w/pics when you are finished.

• 2 weeks later...

•  
  • Year
  • Existing AMP/Sub

I don't have the manuel. How can I install the custum screen in a Z120? Thanks.

Mike can you not do anything for your self? You have posted several threads now asking people to help you with the simplest task. We are not here to spoon feed or baby sit. Please start trying to help yourself before coming here and posting useless threads.