AVIC411.com

Bypass makes no difference and yes, as long as the camera is installed correctly it will display while in drive.

Anyway to get the backup image fullscreen while driving forward? Only get the split screen with nav/cam feed

please dont say read the manual

If you put it in reverse and get a full screen image, why not just put in a toggle switch with 12v going through it to the reverse gear sensor wire.. That way you're tricking the radio into thinking you're going in reverse constantly until you toggle the switch off.. Just an idea..

Odie

If you put it in reverse and get a full screen image, why not just put in a toggle switch with 12v going through it to the reverse gear sensor wire.. That way you're tricking the radio into thinking you're going in reverse constantly until you toggle the switch off.. Just an idea..

make sure to isolate the wire from the vehicle's computer with a diode or else the reverse lights will be on the whole time the switch is on while the vehicle is driving down the road

make sure to isolate the wire from the vehicle's computer with a diode or else the reverse lights will be on the whole time the switch is on while the vehicle is driving down the road

I guess what I meant to say is find a switched 12v power source and hook your reverse sensor wire to it, instead of the actual reverse sensor wire. with a toggle switch you can change it from full screen to half screen.. I was also thinking you could install a camera on you front bumper (i.e. a large truck) with a switch to choose between front view and rear view..

but then you wold have to manually flip the switch every time you put the car into reverse if you wanted the camera turned on, since it would no longer do it automatically (since its not hook up the the cars reverse wire)

it would actually make more sense to have it hooked up to both the factory reverse wire and a switch (if you wanted that functionality bad enough) with a diode to isolate it