AVIC411.com

System reboot after pairing with my DroidX, Tel.exe problem?

2010-11-22_17-36-14_447.jpg

I applied the 3.01 update found Here and installed the 2010 maps. When I pair my DroidX running Froyo 2.2 the above error message alerts about Tel.exe. I've tried replacing that file with one from another software version with no results.

I've tried to delete the pairing and start over. After I enter the PIN and it connects then it requests phonebook access from my Android. That's when the AVIC crashes and reboots. Is there another file associated with this pairing/phonebook process other than Tel.exe that should be replaced? How can this problem be present since I just did a fresh format, install WINCE, and copied over the fresh Flash Disk files?

Thanks for the help :)

Well after much trial and error and trying to copy of multiple versions of files, I've concluded the SD card I was using to flash was corrupted. Somehow it was read and formatted by my Win7 PC with no problems. However it would corrupt the files during the transfer process to the AVIC.

I borrowed the SD card my friend uses to flash his and everything works fine now...I can even connect my Droid X via BT and successfully loaded my contacts! I haven't used those functions in a year because I didn't realize the SD was corrupt, thought I had a bum AVIC.

So I guess the moral is if you are having stange problems try to rule out any possible variable even if it appears to be working. You never know where the gremlins are!