AVIC411.com

F900BT: Grayed Out Nav and System Settings

I bought a used F900BT to put in our second car and I hooked it up to a 12V car battery to test it out and the Nav and Systems Settings buttons are grayed out on the Settings screen. All I've hooked up to test are the yellow, red and black wires from the power harness, along with one speaker to test sound. I also plugged in the GPS antenna wire. I guess I need to do the bypass to access these settings, is that correct?

Update: Just moved the yellow/black mute wire and grounds it (-) on the battery and still no go on the Nav or System Settings buttons. The green wire (pb) has also been pulled from the harness before I received it so I can ground that now – is that critical to get at those settings buttons?

Thanks VBLUE42. As I said in my update my light-green wire had been pulled from the harness, so I couldn't connect it and ground it last night. I have the wire but there's no terminal on the end of it. I'll check the plug tonight to see if the terminal is still in there and if not I'll try to jam the wire in to get a decent connection for ground.

I also thought that the yellow/black modification made the PB wire ground unnecessary? Obviously not.

Thanks again.

It clearly states in the install manual that the P.Brake must be engaged to access the settings screens. In your currant application grounding that wire will engage the lockout and give you accsess.

Yea you need to get that green wire in there. The yellow/black wire is required to accomplish the bypass but not at this time for your currant application. That wire fools the unit into thinking the vehicle is not moving and is only required if the unit is installed.