AVIC411.com

XM Problem with AVIC-Z1..... HELP!!!!!

I just installed a AVIC-Z1 unit in my '04 coupe. I opted to go with the Pioneer XM unit with NavTraffic (GEX-P10XMT) as well. The problem I am having is that all I see on my Map screen is "updating" in the top right corner. If I go to the AV screen, the XM radio icon is greyed out. However, in one of the other screens (sorry I forgot what screen), I can see the XM signal strengh, status and the Radio ID. I have tried powering the XM unit several times and yes, I did subscribe to XM and XM Traffic AFTER I installed the unit.

Any ideas guys...... can't put my car together.... HELP!

Thanks.

If you aren't getting XM station 1, then the unit is not recognizing the XM module. Possibly a connection, or one of the units. If you are getting XM station 1, try going to XMradio.com, and refresh your unit. Mine did the same after working for five months, and for some reason, it just stopped. I refreshed it and it started working again.

I installed a new Z1 in one my cars a few months ago...called XM and activated the traffic service ONLY. It took a week or so, but it suddenly sprang to life with traffic patterns. Now it works fine, despite always "updating." Now I've moved on to install the same setup in another car, and it's not working at all. It gets a signal, radio ID, etc., and also says "updating", but no traffic info. I could call XM customer service, but I know from experience that will get me nowhere, so I'm turning to you guys for help!