AVIC411.com

Bluetooth Problem

Never mind, the problem was solved by turning the phone off and on.

Hi, I've searched but don't see anything like the problem I'm having, please help.

Running a Z1 with Z3 software. Bluetooth worked fine, but having a problem with AM (different issue). Decided to reset the unit to see if it would help the AM problem and now my Bluetooth isn't working properly.

It does the voice recognition, connects with the phone, makes the phone call, but neither the party I'm calling nor I hear anything. Everything works but no sound. The phone thinks everything is okay, the Z1 thinks it is connected and mutes the radio, but nothing. Everything else, FM, Library, Sirius, etc works perfectly and the Bluetooth worked before the reset. What setting needs to be changed? Help.

Thanks

Also, when a call comes in the Z1 will inform me, but when I tell it to answer I get the some nothing. I also noticed a thumping/clicking sound about once a second while the bluetooth connect is made with the no sound.

• 2 months later...

To help the next guy out. Yes sometime the AVIC Z series bluetooth loses its way. You may have to turn your phone off and on and repair. Some phones allow to to always accept the pair request which is great. Older phones wait for you to prompt it or enter your head code. i dont why this happens but it happen to me ocassionaly as well.