AVIC411.com

z120bt system settings inactive/bypass issue

I had a z120bt installed in an International MXT (mini Big Rig) a couple months ago. Because of the air brakes/multiplex system... it was HIGHLY ADVISED not to touch the Parking Brake system, and to bypass it. My installer (now OOB) did a great job and I had no issues at first. I recently had some major work done, thru the dealer, that required removing the battery, motor etc. I got the truck back yesterday, and while everything looks the same.. the unit has an unbearable beep with every button I push, and when I go to System settings, all but 2 options are grayed out.. I cannot access the system settings to even do a reset. I cannot pair my bluetooth or anything. and Im not sure if the 2 issues are related.. but im getting strange feedback, and speakers turning on/off when the radio is on. I am aware of the firmware update, Im not sure if I have the most current firmware or not, but again I cannot access anything to even update it.. HELP!!!

I had a z120bt installed in an International MXT (mini Big Rig) a couple months ago. Because of the air brakes/multiplex system... it was HIGHLY ADVISED not to touch the Parking Brake system, and to bypass it. My installer (now OOB) did a great job and I had no issues at first. I recently had some major work done, thru the dealer, that required removing the battery, motor etc. I got the truck back yesterday, and while everything looks the same.. the unit has an unbearable beep with every button I push, and when I go to System settings, all but 2 options are grayed out.. I cannot access the system settings to even do a reset. I cannot pair my bluetooth or anything. and Im not sure if the 2 issues are related.. but im getting strange feedback, and speakers turning on/off when the radio is on. I am aware of the firmware update, Im not sure if I have the most current firmware or not, but again I cannot access anything to even update it.. HELP!!!

Sounds like the AVIC was reset due to the battery being removed. That explains the beeps. It is annoying. The only way to turn it off is through the settings menu. But your big problem is with the bypass. It is fairly simple, read the instructions on this forum. It sounds like the bypass wire (probably the mute) is no longer grounded. Might of happened when the motor was removed/replaced. The AVIC's ground is the black wire. Your installer probably followed the bypass instructions by moving the yellow/black mute wire over one pin, and grounding it. Some people just ground both the system ground (black) and the yellow/black together. So it might be that your whole unit is not properly grounded. That might explain som of the other wierdness. So check that both wires are connected to a good ground. That should do it.

BTW, make sure that your engine block and the battery have a good ground to the truck's chassis. The motor mounts could be insulating it. But I suspect you'd have all sorts of other problems if that were the issue.