AVIC411.com

I just installed my radio and im using a PAC OS-4 in my escalade to retain all the options. AS soon as I connected the harness to power the fuse blew. I completely removed the PAC OS-4 and just hooked up the Power/switched power/and ground which I thought would have allowed the radio to turn on but nothing. Does anyone know something that Im missing here?

I just installed my radio and im using a PAC OS-4 in my escalade to retain all the options. AS soon as I connected the harness to power the fuse blew. I completely removed the PAC OS-4 and just hooked up the Power/switched power/and ground which I thought would have allowed the radio to turn on but nothing. Does anyone know something that Im missing here?

The fuse blew for a reason, and now it sounds like something in your unit is toast. There's a 10A fuse on the back of the AVIC, maybe that saved you. Did you install any inline fuses in either the red or yellow power leads? If so, check them. I hope it's a fuse, cause otherwise it is going back to the shop.

The 10amp fuse on the deck is the one that keeps blowing and I cam straight off the package os4 with the yellow red and black wires and connected them to the radios wires and as soon as the contact was made the fuse on the deck blew. When I checked the radio without the package adapter I used the yellow red and black constant,switched,ground and fuse blew. Also tried just ground and constant power and fuse blew. It's leading me to believe the deck is done.