AVIC411.com

F90BT and X920BT boot/install issues

In my '05 Pontiac G6 I had a F90BT previously and replaced it for a X920BT because I thought my F90 had died. Unfortunately when I installed the X920BT, after hitting "OK" twice to confirm Language and Voice language(I think?) the deck instantly turned off after hitting OK on the second prompt. Hitting "OK" caused sound to be played through my speakers throughout the car perfectly fine.

The reason I replaced my old deck is that my F90 had one day decided to not turn on. Turned the car off at a bank, came back outside and the deck was totally dead. A few hours later after re-starting my car it booted fine. This happened for a few weeks of it randomly dying until now when not a single pioneer deck will work. If I attach my old stereo to my car (Stock Monsoon) it turns on just fine.

Any ideas on what's going on? I performed the "Bypass" on the X920 (After it had died after hitting "OK" twice, yet still nothing) as my F90 was bypassed as well and ran just fine for a year and 9months.

The only thing I noticed that was different about the F90 to the X920 was the blue remote wire was coming from the deck out of the power harness now instead of the A/V cable area. Is there something I possibly overlooked on install with wiring and my old deck was really bad?? Kind of confused here!

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks :)

It's because you parked outside a bank. The car and the Pioneer units both assumed you have money and want to make you buy more stuff to fix this.

hahahaha

But seriously, sounds like an intermittent short or some sort of fuse problem? Without knowing EXACTLY how you wired things up, it might be hard for folks on here to help. Can you find a local pro installer with Pioneer experience?

if you used the propper wire harness for that vehicle (one with a can-bus module)they have a high probility of going bad (or not working right from the start) it may be having a problem receiving the on and off commands from the car and that could be why you are having a problem with it staying or turning on.

what i like to do in this situation is to place a diode inline with the red ACC wire between the harness module and the radio, then run a wire from the fuse box that turns on and off with the key and use another diode and tap it into the other ACC wire from the harnes, the line on the diode neet to point toward the radio and the two wires should connect to each other just on the radio side of the two diodes.

this will make sure that when the key is on, the avic is receiving the turn on signal even if the harnes module is having problems, it will also use the module to keep all the chimes and the radios RAP feature, this is of course, only if the module is the problem and not something due to a loose connection.