AVIC411.com

So, VR was working great for me, at first... I was only using it to make calls - "Call Sam", and enter destination addresses while driving. As a matter of fact, it worked near flawlessly. And then, I decided to add some songs to my iPhone. Previously, I had no music stored on it and was only using the Pandora feature. So, the first time I connect the iPhone with music stored on it, the X920Bt goes through the whole VR cataloging routine, and I'm thinking, "Cool! More VR capability!" I try it out. "Play artist Goo Goo Dolls" - yep, works perfectly. Later, I decide to call Sam -

"Call Sam"

"I'm sorry, I didn't understand"

"Call Sam"

"Please say the name of the person you'd like to call"

"Sam"

"What did you say?"

"SAM!"

Gives up...

Are you kidding me? Can I expect this to get any better? I'm doing as suggested in the sticky - Pressing OK before BT connects... Doesn't seem to help.

Using VR for iPod/iPhone control works fine, for phone, not at all. I'm assuming if I delete all the music fron the iPhone, I might get my VR phone call capability back. Hmm.

So, VR was working great for me, at first... I was only using it to make calls - "Call Sam", and enter destination addresses while driving. As a matter of fact, it worked near flawlessly. And then, I decided to add some songs to my iPhone. Previously, I had no music stored on it and was only using the Pandora feature. So, the first time I connect the iPhone with music stored on it, the X920Bt goes through the whole VR cataloging routine, and I'm thinking, "Cool! More VR capability!" I try it out. "Play artist Goo Goo Dolls" - yep, works perfectly. Later, I decide to call Sam -

"Call Sam"

"I'm sorry, I didn't understand"

"Call Sam"

"Please say the name of the person you'd like to call"

"Sam"

"What did you say?"

"SAM!"

Gives up...

Are you kidding me? Can I expect this to get any better? I'm doing as suggested in the sticky - Pressing OK before BT connects... Doesn't seem to help.

Using VR for iPod/iPhone control works fine, for phone, not at all. I'm assuming if I delete all the music fron the iPhone, I might get my VR phone call capability back. Hmm.

Have you added any contacts to your phone recently? If you have any contacts in your phonebook that contain anything that isnt a letter or a number, that can cause the VR not to recognize any contacts by name.

For example, if you have a contact in your phonebook called "John & Mary", change it to "John and Mary". if you have a contact called "Bob (mechanic)" change it to "Bob mechanic". if you have a contact called "Benjarvus Green-Ellis" change it to "Benjarvus Green Ellis". "Dr. Brown" needs to be "Dr Brown". "Mike O'Neill" needs to be "Mike ONeill". any characters that are not letters and numbers can ruin the VR functionality for the entire phonebook. Take out any slashes, dashes, hyphens, periods, commas, apostrphes..etc...

Give that a shot.

It could also be that you are attempting to use the VR before your navi has a chance to download the phonebook. sometimes this takes a little while depending on how many contacts you have.