AVIC411.com

Standard iPod cable works?

people are going to yell at you to search....but the standard ipod cable DOES work. you just wont get sound. to remedy this...you need to also plug in the headphone jack. the cable that comes with the x920bt has 2 connections, headphone and usb jack. plug ipod usb cord to usb, and headphone jack to the headphone jack...sound and controls work.

i guess if your too cheap to buy the propper cable (but some how bought one of the most expensive radios on the market)you could use a regular sync cable along with a standard aux cable and have to always plug in two different cables into the ipod, then knock your self out. however then you will have to worry about what the volume setting is set in the ipod, too low and the sound will be very low and have more noise, and too high and it will sound distorted.

if you would have searched around a little bit you would have found out the the basic synce cable will not function by itself, as this topic has been beaten into the ground worse than a dead hooker in Vice City.

• 2 weeks later...

people are going to yell at you to search....but the standard ipod cable DOES work. you just wont get sound. to remedy this...you need to also plug in the headphone jack. the cable that comes with the x920bt has 2 connections, headphone and usb jack. plug ipod usb cord to usb, and headphone jack to the headphone jack...sound and controls work.

That method didn't work for me , even with the audio patch cable I use to couple my iPhone4 into an amp. I got the s**tty PAC cable from NewEgg, and it works excellent! If I can catch another $600 deal on Amazon, I'm going to buy one for my daughter!

That method didn't work for me , even with the audio patch cable I use to couple my iPhone4 into an amp. I got the s**tty PAC cable from NewEgg, and it works excellent! If I can catch another $600 deal on Amazon, I'm going to buy one for my daughter!

works fine for me...i have all the inputs mounted in my center console armrest. standard retractable 3.5mm headphone cable and retractable ipod data cable to my ipod classic and i didnt have to buy the 50 dollar cable. reason i went this route is because i like to have options..sometimes a passenger will want to play whats on their phone so i can simply disconnect the 3.5mm from my ipod and plug something else in (much faster than fumbling with bluetooth pairing).

5235501114_26385c484a_b.jpg