AVIC411.com

Antenna wiring question

My first post.

In the directions, it says that the Antenna control when set to "radio" only sends a power signal when the audio source is FM or AM. I have the blue wire hooked to my factory antenna amplifier circuit.

My question is, if I an using the HD radio unit (GEX-P20HD) do I want to set this setting to "Radio", or "Power", which causes the antenna amplifier to turn on when the ignition switch is turned on?

Thanks for the help!

My first post.

In the directions, it says that the Antenna control when set to "radio" only sends a power signal when the audio source is FM or AM. I have the blue wire hooked to my factory antenna amplifier circuit.

My question is, if I an using the HD radio unit (GEX-P20HD) do I want to set this setting to "Radio", or "Power", which causes the antenna amplifier to turn on when the ignition switch is turned on?

Thanks for the help!

I have the same situation. You want it set to power, oterwise you will likely get nothing but static when using HD.

as mentioned above, set it to power.

setting it to radio, only keeps the wire powered up when FM and AM are the selected source, not HD. by having it powered up all the time, the antenna amp will be powered up durring all of the sources, including the HD radio.

however if the antenna is a power up and down antenna, the the antenna will always be rasied, even when the sources are turned off, so there will be no way to lower the antenna while the car is on (like going through a car wash) and as your antenna might not be like this i just wanted to make sure that if anybody is reading this with one they will know about it before its too late.

it is a little foolish that having the setting set to radio, does not keep the antenna wire powered up also durring the HD source, since that is techinally a radio input and would always need the antenna rasied or powered up to function. they are basiclly asking for a bunch of antennas to get broke for people driving specific car and radio combinations. once again pioneer, here is your FAIL award.

as mentioned above, set it to power.

setting it to radio, only keeps the wire powered up when FM and AM are the selected source, not HD. by having it powered up all the time, the antenna amp will be powered up durring all of the sources, including the HD radio.

however if the antenna is a power up and down antenna, the the antenna will always be rasied, even when the sources are turned off, so there will be no way to lower the antenna while the car is on (like going through a car wash) and as your antenna might not be like this i just wanted to make sure that if anybody is reading this with one they will know about it before its too late.

it is a little foolish that having the setting set to radio, does not keep the antenna wire powered up also durring the HD source, since that is techinally a radio input and would always need the antenna rasied or powered up to function. they are basiclly asking for a bunch of antennas to get broke for people driving specific car and radio combinations. once again pioneer, here is your FAIL award.

Great answers. Thanks!!

I knew it would be that way, always power up. And if want FAIL award, just try to contact their "Customer Service".