AVIC411.com

NDBC1 camera on bad LSD trip, Please help!

I have had a Z1, with the NDBC1 rear view camera, installed for four years and it has suddenly started running amok. When I first start up the vehicle the camera display is very dark and grainy and quite often in black and white. After a few minutes it usually switches over to color, but the colors are grainy, flared, and usually smeared neon colors. When using the camera to keep an eye on the trailer or traffic approaching from the rear, the picture become much brighter when I turn on the headlights, but the headlights have no effect on image in reverse mode. Headlights from cars approaching from the rear at night cause the image to go into a horizontally split screen in black and white that rolls vertically like on old TV picture.

Does this sound like the camera itself is going T.U. or does it sound like the head unit? I have not had a camera in a vehicle before and don't know what it looks like when one starts burning out.

If it is the camera, can anyone tell me if the new Pioneer 4 series camera will work on the Z1?

Thanks in advance for any help the forum members can give me and apologies for the long post.

John

It is likely the camera so that is where your troubleshooting should begin. For testing purposes you can plug any device with an RCA output into that input and see if its displays without problem. That will tell you for sure if it is the camera or the unit. And any backup camera will work with the unit including the newest from Pioneer. Good luck to you.