AVIC411.com

bluetooth firmware missing

Hey, anyone have the file to update the bluetooth firmware?

Some reason I don't have any firmare version for my bluetooth.

It is a 120bt, I think this happened after I just did the 2.003 update

How are you verifying this. It doesn't show up on the System Info page. You have to go to Bluetooth Settings, Firmware Update. It will then display the current BT version. There's no way that v2.003 deleted it.

I have a real 120bt and the bluetooth firmware displays "---------"

It does not show a number.

Does your BT work? If it does, then you probably are OK.

However, if you want to "refresh" it. get SD2 from the v2.0 update (Torrent). It is a small file with Parrot 3.11 only. I know some have warned against just installing 3.11 without 3.10, but it worked fine for me. It worked even on the old Z110 software - without installing SD1. So it should work for you.

All of my BT functions are greyed out. Where do I get this SD2? Should I just revert to factory settings? Where can I get Parrot 3.10?

What is are greyed out? Can you get into the Bluetooth Settings? If not, then you couldn't know what version you have. When I first start my car and enter the settings menu, it takes 10-15 seconds for the Bluetooth icon to activate. Maybe you just didn't wait long enough.

Parrot is the company that provides the BT drivers to Pioneer. The latest is v3.11. Since you have 30+ posts, I assumed you have been on this forum long enough to know about the hacks to upgrade the Z110 to Z120 via two SDs. These can be purchased from Pioneer for $200, but pirated copies are also downloadable using Torrent. There are many treads discussing this in the Hacks sub-forum.

Since you have a Z120, it should of come with v3.11. Rather than install bootleg software, you should contact Pioneer.

I can get into the settings, but everything in there is greyed out. I did wait after driving around and it is still not working.

I mostly posted before the hack was released. But I will try that.

Pioneer said it is corrupt and I have to send it in... The thing is I don't have warranty.

I can get into the settings, but everything in there is greyed out. I did wait after driving around and it is still not working.

I mostly posted before the hack was released. But I will try that.

Pioneer said it is corrupt and I have to send it in... The thing is I don't have warranty.

Wait, is this a real Z120-BT, or an F20-BT with US software installed? I saw your post about asian fonts. What is the history of this hardware? Why no warrantee?

Anyway, I don't think I can help you. Something is screwey with your unit.

It doesn't matter. If you bought it on eBay you have no warranty. I am sure you got a good deal but you are now going to pay what you saved to get it fixed plus inconvenience and aggravation. This is yet another reason not to buy products on eBay when you can get them elsewhere with warranty.

Did you pull the parking brake when trying to access the BT settings? Regardless, if you attempted to alter your units software in any way and screwed it up you're going to have to pay to get it fixed. Good luck to you.

Yeah it is a real z120

This unit has had warranty before with music skipping through the SD card. But I bought it on ebay new but who knows if the seller will still warranty it...

OK I see your situation. So, if you can get to the Firware Update screen in Bluetooth Settings, it would be worth a shot to try the SD2 update. Sounds like you've got nothing to loose. Check out the Hacks forum. There are sticky threads that have the info you need. But you only need the second SD. Ignore anything about installing the 1st and any other update. Prepare your SD with the CNSD-110FM SD 2 image, insert it into the AVIC, and update the firmware through the BT settings menu button. Takes about 5 minutes.