AVIC411.com

Hi I am new to site and have a question regarding my unit (Avic X910BT). I have installed it in a 2002 Mercury Grand Marquis and install looks great but after installing hooked up ipod only to find out doesnt work. I had to take out the unit (pain in the a*#) and come to find out I spliced the usb cable coming out the back of the unit. Is it fixable? Where would I have to get it fixed? any links would be helpful guys. Thanks and Happy Holidays.

well you could take a donor usb cable and cut it in half and solder all of the wires to the AVIC's messed up cable, but there is no promise that all the little wires will be to same color in each cable. so yes it can be repaired if you know what your doing...

well that not really true, any wire can be soldered back together. it therory, it could reduce the max speed of data through the wire, but still it can be done.

radio and computer stores wouldnt know anything about the repair (even if they do computer repair service, its just a pull the bad part and sell you a new part type of fix) you need to find a true repair shop, where someone car replace on board components, they will be able to complete the repair.

exactly as would I, except for the crimping part, the amount of data that travels through the wires and the speeds they travel makes the quality of the connection very important. with crimping, over time the copper will start to oxidize, and this will effect the signal coming through the cable, soldering is the only reasonable solution.