AVIC411.com

Pinoeer AVIC-D3 Static noise when any button pressed (Bose factory amp installed pathfinder)

Hello all!

I have been using this site for help a lot (thanks!) but decided to finally register. I have recently purchased a 2005 Nissan Pathfinder and I am having this issue.

When I installed my Pioneer D3 with the factory bose amp using the nissan harness and the PAC SWI for the steering controls I am getting a static noise faintly in the background of the music, but when any button / key / track / menu is hit on the head unit OR steering wheel I receive a static noise that last for about a second. I have done my research and a lot of users say its a sound file within the head unit and it cannot be fixed. I think the factory bose amp is causing this so I am curious if the PAC ROEM-NIS2 will fix this? My ground wire is about 4" long and grounded to the chassis of the double din frame on the car. The head unit is grounded to the frame as well with factory supplied screws. I am sure this is not a grounding issue, but any help is appreciated.

Thank guys!

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a mismatch in gain between the head unit and amp. I cannot troubleshoot well unless I have the vehicle. Hook a portable or bookshelf speaker to one of the speaker outputs of the D3 If no static, the D3 is not the problem. If not using the OEM Bose interface converter then try it. Newer factory systems especially Bose are known for nonstandard wiring and definitly not plug and play. Sometimes these will correct ground loops and other problems encountered when using an aftermarket head unit. They make those due to the demand to solve a problem. If you are barely turning up the volume on the D3 (at 5-10 for example) and the factory system is max volume then you have a gain mismatch. The interface unit may solve this problem as well. I have also solved these problems with units like audio control's line driver but sometimes the wiring for these can get tricky for a novice.