AVIC411.com

Help Setting my HeadUnit HPF and LPF

I have a question about my car setup. I have Polk DB6501 component speakers -- 2 of them up from -- with the tweets up where the 3.5’s use to be in the dash and in and the 6.5’s in the door (which are sound deadened). These front speakers are amp by a JL AUDIO 2-Channel Amp. The rear speakers are Polk db coaxials which are un-amped..

I also have a 12 inch sub in the trunk powered by a JL AUDIO mono block amp.

I have a AVIC-F700BT Series and was wondering how to set the HPF and LPFs on that head-unit ? any ideas where the settings should be?

i would reccomend setting all the hpf's to their max setting and turning off the subwoffer, then turn the music up to about the max where it would be listened to, then slowely step down the HPF until you start to notice some distortion, then adjust the HPF back up one notch to get rid of the distortion.

then turn the sub back on and have the LPF turned all the way down, and just like the above steps, start turning the setting up one notch at a time until it sounds the best. if the amp has a subsonic or infrasonic filter, i would reccomend turning it on (subsonic filters remove all super low bass that the human ear can not hear, and these ultra low freq's can also dammage speakers expecially in ported/vented enclosures)