AVIC411.com

CNDV-1000HD seller

Hi all,

I've seen various auctions on ebay for 60 and 80gb toshiba drives with the latest CNDV-1000HD Europe maps (and larger cd/mp3 partition), but in my time lurking, have also seen posts here saying about certain drives not being up to scratch.

It looks like garrettoomey is a well respected seller, however it seems he only has the USA maps :-(

Are there any sellers here (or recommendations on ebay) for those selling a hard drive with latest Europe maps please.

I'd be happy to even give the upgrade a go myself (as I work in the IT field), but I don't seem to be able to find the latest europe maps.

Would really appreciate if anyone has any recommendations please.

Cheers :-)

The seller I was looking at is http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330508605761

I contacted him and he says he uses MK8032GAX drives. Do we know how well they perform in the Avic units?

Cheers :-)

The 8032GAX should work fine as long as it is partitioned correctly. You night want to try sending a message to forum member vaernes. I know he had some European drives preconfigured.

I just bought a new HDD from "vaernes" (member here), on ebay. It works perfect with 1000HD Europe maps 2010....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160510029528

The HDD is a Toshiba 60GB 5400rpm MK6034GAX hard drive. I has good specefications. The only but!, is the temperature range (+5C - +55C). The "original" MK3029GCACE can operate down to -16C (-16C - +70C). I took an image of the drive, pluged it in and it works perfect. Regarding the size - 60GB is the largest hard drive needed for the software and 400 CDs, the 80GB drives that are sold must have 20GB unpartitioned space to work.

I unlocked my original drive ($4.97 USD - all data lost) and disabled secutity. Restored image on the org. drive. And the original drive works perfect with new 2010 maps too! I use the new 60GB HDD and has the original MK3029GCACE as backup.. :-D

I have used the HDD at -8C, and it started up perfect.