AVIC411.com

Map Upgrade for other countries

Hi,

Just bought Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT from USA and shipping back to Malaysia

Was hoping that someone out there will be able to hack so that the the oem map can be upgrade to other country map

Hope something can be done

Thanks for all the help

* Trying to contact TeleAtlas of Malaysia if the map can be updated

• 3 weeks later...

Nobody out there who can help?

I am sure there is a number of members who live outside USA and using this unit. It will be very useful to them if they can use the GPS function at their country.

Hope someone can help

There are no hacks to the maps or Z120-BT software. The only hack is to defeat the key validation to allow the v2.xxx upgrade to install. So, at this time, it is not possible to change the Z120-BT maps. Not even sure if anyone is even working on it.

Enjoy your fancy radio and ipod controller. Should of checked before you bought.

There are no hacks to the maps or Z120-BT software. The only hack is to defeat the key validation to allow the v2.xxx upgrade to install. So, at this time, it is not possible to change the Z120-BT maps. Not even sure if anyone is even working on it.

Enjoy your fancy radio and ipod controller. Should of checked before you bought.

I am asking for help from those who did the hack for the upgrade

I bought it mainly for its functions and not gps but if gps works, its a bonus

I am asking for help from those who did the hack for the upgrade

I bought it mainly for its functions and not gps but if gps works, its a bonus

My point was that no one hacked the upgrade. The hack was to v1.001 patch, which allowed the defeat of unique key validation for the upgrade. The update SD image was never touched. You already have a Z120, so you are done. You already have all the functionality. You just don't have local maps.

To this date, no one has reported any progress in changing/modding the operation of the system software, maps, or applications stored in the HU. Some have attempted to purchase the US Z110 and update it with the EU version of the v2.0 software (effectively converting it to an F20BT). Still no hack involved to the update.

If/when someone actually cracks the system enough to make functional changes and customizations, then you might be able to load maps for other countries. That, however, is more difficult than it sounds, since the maps would need to be in the same format as the Pioneer application expects.