AVIC411.com

HELP NEEDED BADLY . GENIUS REQUIRED

Just bought myself a Pioneer Avic-F20BT (SAME AS Z110BT)and a CKO DVBT500 dvb-t with 2 x 5v powered internal aerials (the 2 prong type) . Fantastic kit and tuner is brilliant but i have the strangest of problems . I have an existing pair of rear headrest dvd/monitors and a roof monitor as well . they are connected via a signal booster to the rear monitor output of the headunit and all work brilliant with their own internal dvd players and with any of the outputs i select from the headunit , ipod , dvd in the headunit , usb , sd video in fact everything except one thing . I can have the headunit set to the digital tv and receive a brilliant picture but as soon as i just switch on any one of the rear screens , the signal for the dvb-t just drops to nothing regardless of what the rear monitors are set to even their own internal dvd players . the rear monitors are wired completely separately to a cigar lighter power socket so are not wired in any way to the headunit or dvb-t loom . the aerials are on the rear l+r windows right at the rear of a 7 seater so are a fair way from yhe rear headrests / roof monitor . i have checked the voltage at the dvb-t box when i switch any of the rear screens on and it doesn't even drop by 0.01 of a volt so its not power related . the green power lights on the aerials are still on and dont dim or anything like that . i have tried plugging the rear screens direct into the dvb-t box but again , as soon as i switch any one of them on the signal just drops away to nothing . I am in serious need of a genius here as i am out of ideas . My dealer has even changed the dvb-t box for me in case it was faulty but it isn't . the cko500 even has its own direct rear output phono video sockets and even if i bypass the Pioneer completely and wire the tv tuner direct to the rear screens , bye bye signal as soon as i turn them on . I am completely stumped here and have just about tried everything . Apart from a hammer now i am out of ideas . can anyone help .... please !!!

Just bought myself a Pioneer Avic-F20BT (SAME AS Z110BT)and a CKO DVBT500 dvb-t with 2 x 5v powered internal aerials (the 2 prong type) . Fantastic kit and tuner is brilliant but i have the strangest of problems . I have an existing pair of rear headrest dvd/monitors and a roof monitor as well . they are connected via a signal booster to the rear monitor output of the headunit and all work brilliant with their own internal dvd players and with any of the outputs i select from the headunit , ipod , dvd in the headunit , usb , sd video in fact everything except one thing . I can have the headunit set to the digital tv and receive a brilliant picture but as soon as i just switch on any one of the rear screens , the signal for the dvb-t just drops to nothing regardless of what the rear monitors are set to even their own internal dvd players . the rear monitors are wired completely separately to a cigar lighter power socket so are not wired in any way to the headunit or dvb-t loom . the aerials are on the rear l+r windows right at the rear of a 7 seater so are a fair way from yhe rear headrests / roof monitor . i have checked the voltage at the dvb-t box when i switch any of the rear screens on and it doesn't even drop by 0.01 of a volt so its not power related . the green power lights on the aerials are still on and dont dim or anything like that . i have tried plugging the rear screens direct into the dvb-t box but again , as soon as i switch any one of them on the signal just drops away to nothing . I am in serious need of a genius here as i am out of ideas . My dealer has even changed the dvb-t box for me in case it was faulty but it isn't . the cko500 even has its own direct rear output phono video sockets and even if i bypass the Pioneer completely and wire the tv tuner direct to the rear screens , bye bye signal as soon as i turn them on . I am completely stumped here and have just about tried everything . Apart from a hammer now i am out of ideas . can anyone help .... please !!!

Is it possible to turn the additional screens on one at a time ? It sounds like one of them is causing a fair amount of rf noise and interfering with signal reception. If you happen to have access to a spectrum analyzer you could confirm.

hi

thanks for helping . i have tried all three individually and every one of them causes the signal to drop out . I dont have a spectrum analyser but i am pretty sure that rf interference can be the only answer now as i think i have pretty much covered every other option . I am going to remove the aerials from their present position and move them outside of the vehicle and see if this alleviates the problem . i will let you know how i get on but to be honest i cant think of anything else it can be .

Thanks again for your suggestion .