AVIC411.com

MusicSphere Won't Analyze All My Songs

I just downloaded and ran MusicSphere on my Macbook. According to iTunes, I have 5,496 songs. MusicSphere says that it has analyzed 3,399 songs. Every time I click the analyze button, it says that it is syncing my library with the DB, but nothing happens after that. Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone know how to get MusicSphere to analyze all your songs in your iTunes library?

I just downloaded and ran MusicSphere on my Macbook. According to iTunes, I have 5,496 songs. MusicSphere says that it has analyzed 3,399 songs. Every time I click the analyze button, it says that it is syncing my library with the DB, but nothing happens after that. Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone know how to get MusicSphere to analyze all your songs in your iTunes library?

Have you let it run forever? I know the Windows version needed almost 24 hours to go through my 24GB of music.

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem, MacBook Pro, iTunes 10.2.1, MusicSphere 1.0.0. iTunes has 2990 songs total of which 49 have DRM. MusicSphere is only finding 1346.

Approximately 2930 songs are mp3 so I don't believe it's a file format problem either. Any ideas on what the problem may be? Synced a few times and it completed each time, no new songs though. I'm tempted to review the xml file which likely has the list of 1346 to determine what it didn't take but first wanted to see if anyone else had other ideas.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

So I started poking at this more this evening... I skipped the xml and opened up the MusicSphere.db file (it's a sql lite 3.0 format) which is located here: /Users/me/Library/Application Support/ MusicSphere/ and found two interesting things. 1) There is a table called song_feature which contains the total number of songs which show up in the application as Analyzed and 2) There is another table called track_info which contains my entire library. I deleted the file and the software run again and it came up with the same number. I'll compare the two tables and see if I can determine why it's stopping where/ when it does.

• 1 month later...