AVIC411.com

Hooking Up Pioneer Avic-z120bt in 2008 Porsche Cayene

Hell everyone,

I was wondering if someone could help me out with my problem. I have hooked up the nav-tv interface to the Pioneer wiring harness, and have followed all hook ups to a t. I have went over my wires a thousands times, and everything seems to be fine. I have been having trouble getting the unit to power on, with the nav-tv interface so I will be calling them tomorrow. But, I decided to hook up just the power and ground directly, and left the other wires to the car attached as well. Well the unit powers up, but is stuck on a screen that says "Caution: Screen may appear reversed" and the lights on the buttons are changing colors. It won't let me get it out of that state. I checked the reverse wire, and its hooked to the proper wire. I don't know what to do? I have never had this problem with an Alpine unit. Does it sound like some thing is hooked up wrong? Or a defective unit? Thanks in advanced!

Thats the "Scan" feature in the settings screen that handles the colors of the buttons. Its is normal if it is set to scan.

Ooooppsss... thought that was only in demo mode...

I had to ask as.... "but is stuck on a screen that says "Caution: Screen may appear reversed" and the lights on the buttons are changing colors."

Surely a wiring issue, if the HU thinks it's in reverse....