AVIC411.com

Bluetooth Audio Album Art?

Hey guys,

I just bought a 920BT and will be having it installed tomorrow. I am trying to figure out acouple things.

Currently see in the manual that there is an option to listen to music thru Bluetooth which I think is very cool. Since I use my Blackberry as on of my audio sources. Will the Bluetooth Audio show Album Art?? Or just all the Song info but not bring over the Art.

If that is the case then I will spend the money and get the Ipod cable and use my Ipod as my main source now in the vehicle instead of my Blackberry.

I just hate carrying both my iPod and Blackberry everywhere I go.

Cheers

Whit

Hey guys,

I just bought a 920BT and will be having it installed tomorrow. I am trying to figure out acouple things.

Currently see in the manual that there is an option to listen to music thru Bluetooth which I think is very cool. Since I use my Blackberry as on of my audio sources. Will the Bluetooth Audio show Album Art?? Or just all the Song info but not bring over the Art.

If that is the case then I will spend the money and get the Ipod cable and use my Ipod as my main source now in the vehicle instead of my Blackberry.

I just hate carrying both my iPod and Blackberry everywhere I go.

Cheers

Whit

No. When streaming Bluetooth audio from a smartphone to the X920BT (e.g., using the AVRCP or A2DP Bluetooth profiles), the unit will *NOT* display album art and it will NOT display song information.

As you already know, if you have an iPod, all info and art WILL be displayed. Also, if you use Pandora and install the "Pandora Link" application on the iPhone, I believe you WILL also get the art and info. There's a ton of threads with the details elsewhere in the forum...

Actually the Pioneer Pandora Link is no longer needed. Just use the Pandora app on the phone.

Right...but he has to have the iPod connected to the cable. If he just launches Pandora on his phone and tries STREAMING the audio using Bluetooth, he will NOT get the album art or song information. That's the key point, yes?

No. When streaming Bluetooth audio from a smartphone to the X920BT (e.g., using the AVRCP or A2DP Bluetooth profiles), the unit will *NOT* display album art and it will NOT display song information.

If you're streaming mp3s, song, artist and album names will show but album art will not. When streaming Pandora, nothing shows. This is with a blackberry 9700.