AVIC411.com

UPDATE: Solved I fixed my own problem. I found out that the power antenna function had to be turned on. I also found out that Audio Video 1 has to be in EXT. Guess I should have read the manual closer, assuming that tidbit is in there. The guy at Best Buy didn't know what was up with it either. Glad I don't have to send the HU back, whew! That said this system has some serious theater sound, I was absolutely amazed at the surround sound quality and the bass vibrating the seats, very cool.

Hi,

I'm not a car stereo guy, but I do have an eye for detail and some technical savvy, so go easy on me. I have a Avic D3 in a 1995 Mercury villager(Nissan Quest). Spliced, soldered and heat shrinked all cables. Did the mute/ebrake hack correctly and everything works fine except I have no volume in DVD mode and Ipod mode(radio/ navi fine), plays fine, but no volume.

First off I did not use the AMP bypass as I was told it was not necessary. I put the amp on the metra harness in the position to match up with the amp in my ford factory harness(looked it up in factory manual). Guys at Best buy told me they usually wire both blue wires in the metra harness to the amp wire. That would correspond to "amp" and "radio on" on my factory harness, is this correct because I still have no volume in those modes after doing that? Should I move the "radio on wire" from that spot so that it is in the power antenna slot instead? Those are my only two options beside just going amp to amp(which I did first). Everything else was pretty straight forward but this and my other functions work perfectly.

I have 8 pins in my factory harness that is in the car, they are 1. Power Amplifier Enable 2. Radio On Signal 3. not used(ground on metra harness, radio grounds to carrier)4. To automatic power antenna Module 5. ILLumination Lamp POwer (+) 6. Radio Power supply 7. Illumination Lamp Return(-) 8. Memory Power supply. That is my ford factory sound system plug in the car. Any ideas pointing to what I did wrong?

Thanks,

Michael