AVIC411.com

Subwoofer sound issues

Ok ive had the D2 for just a few weeks and i'm having issues with some sound to the subwoofer.

Here is what i have:

Pioneer avic-d2

Alpine mrd-m1005

Alpine swr-1521d

Ive checked all the wiring inside the sub box and everything else i can see. I havent pulled out the d2. Basically the sub seems to cut in and out a low volumes and sometimes the bass rattles and just sounds terrible. Ive had the sub and amp checked and there's no issues there.

I was wondering if anyone has had this problem or have heard of it? Any suggestions?

does that amp have a signal sense? is it on?

actually how is it wired.. says dual 2 ohm, you probably have it wired down to 1 ohm and the amp isnt stable to that.

It's playing at 4 ohms. I've had that amp sub combo for 2 years, never a problem until i got the d2 a few weeks ago. Signal sense... no

then check the output of the sub on the deck. theres a crossover... infact maybe it was connected to rear rca instead, so try turning the sub off on the d2 and if it doesnt turn off, that means its playing off rears and not sub.. if it does turn off then adjust the crossover there for it also on the d2

then check the output of the sub on the deck. theres a crossover... infact maybe it was connected to rear rca instead, so try turning the sub off on the d2 and if it doesnt turn off, that means its playing off rears and not sub.. if it does turn off then adjust the crossover there for it also on the d2

Yeah i can turn the sub on and off no problem through the d2. I've messed with all the options on the d2. THe hp is set at 80 and the LP on the sub settings is 80.

yea there is a high pass filter on the audio setting of the d2. The low pass (not call that), is in the subwoofer settings under on/off and reverse/normal settings.

The settings on the unit or amp arent the problem... the only thing i can think of is maybe the preamp output is bad... i was trying to see if anyone else has had this problem.

i dont think theres suppose to be a high pass setting on the sub settings. my z1 doesnt have that, and that doesnt really work with what the crossover is suppose to be doing. maybe yoru unit is defective.

High pass filter is for the mids/highs speakers and its not under the sub settings. Its a regular audio settings option. The low pass (its not called that) is in the sub settings, its the option where u can select 50,80,125hz to be played to the sub.