AVIC411.com

Bluetooth Connection Help

I really feel like this is going to be some stupid answer that i easily overlooked but i'm at my last nerve trying to connect my phone. I get the acknowledgement that bluetooth is connected when i turn on my z1 and my phone (Spring PPC-6700) can find the z1 when i do a bluetooth search. When i try to connect to it using the default 1111 password i get an error saying that connection cannot be established or bad password. I also can't register my phone from the nav unit because when its giving me a "No Phones Available" error.

I tried changing the phone password on the z1 but that didn't get me anywhere. I followed the directions in the manual, and yes i have my phone set to "Allow this device to be recognized by other devices."

Any ideas what i'm dealing with here?

Just to assure you that phone does work, I have it connected OK...

So, it is just a matter of where you start the discovery process and using the correct pass key.

I usually have my phone start the discovery. I found starting the discovery via the nav unit resulted in a constant request for the passkey even though I entered it and it was already accepted.

So, I would make sure both devices are discoverable and start with the PPC. I would also do a reset on the PPC first.... Mine is always giving me weird fits, so starting with a clean slate is a must!

Let us know.

I went and reread the instructions and apparently i wasn't following them exactly right. I was unaware that i had to hit "start registration from cell phone" and then type in the password on my cell phone. Makes more sense now.

So even when you think you're doing it right, look again.

• 2 months later...

I have the Cingular 8525 and had the exact same problem. Feel kinda silly after reading this thread. I was so anxious that I went out to my car at 3am to try it and it worked!!! I was going through the endless passkey error. All I had to do is select register using mobile phone on the NAV system before entering the passkey on the phone.