AVIC411.com

bypassed d3 navi issues

Hi there, im new to this forum but have read many posts regarding problems and troubleshooting on here.

to give you a little bit of a background i'll start from the beginning

I installed the d3 by myself in my 04 vw gti, at first all i did was ground the parking brake. at that moment i could not play movies or alter my route while driving. also, i had not connected the vss wire, so the navi lagged a bit and on the map menu where the gauges are the speedometer "function was not available now".

i decided to take out the head unit and correctly bypass the system by the stickies on this forum, and made the connection as the pictures indicated. i also sauldered the vss wire. after putting everything back together, i decided to take the car around the block.

while driving, the speedometer on the D3 still had a message "this function is not available now" but the numbers right below it that say the mph was working... not accurately in terms or the exact speed, but was at 0.0mph while stopped and 1.0-7.0mph while moving in excess of 25mph.

also, the arrow turns in the same direction the car does but does not move on the map at all, which i found the most confusing part of the whole problem.

if anyone has any suggestions please let me know

while driving, the speedometer on the D3 still had a message "this function is not available now" but the numbers right below it that say the mph was working... not accurately in terms or the exact speed, but was at 0.0mph while stopped and 1.0-7.0mph while moving in excess of 25mph.

also, the arrow turns in the same direction the car does but does not move on the map at all, which i found the most confusing part of the whole problem.

It takes time to learn. It should be fairly accurate after 100 miles.