AVIC411.com

Multiple Issues: GPS & XM

Update...Moving the antennae apart fixed all the XM issues. Now the only issue is with the GPS. At times, the GPS thinks I'm off-roading & it when I slow down to stop, the map keeps moving forward & then it thinks I'm in the middle of a field. When I turn onto a different road, it realizes I've turned & then it puts me in the correct spot. This isn't typically a problem, but if my wife is driving downtown & there are lots of streets, it's an issue. Any help is appreciated! This has become one giant hassle.

Sounds like some of the sensors arent working correctly. The gyro should detect the turn, even with poor satellite reception. And VSS will tell the unit what your speed is (approximately). So the unit can do a good job figuring out your heading and speed - and approximate your position based on the last good GPS fix (dead-reconing). Did you follow my post above to recalibrate? You can also see if VSS is working. The VSS reading should be 0 when you are not moving, and non-zero when moving. Don't worry about the actual number, the HU will figure out how many tics per mile as it calibrates.

Are you still getting any error messages?

Is connecting the VSS wire something I can do on my own? I have been contemplating it. I'm sick of taking it to the shop & having them fool with it. I am more than disappointed in what I purchased. They used the Axxess adapter for unit as opposed to the PAC if that makes any difference. Also, the XM channels still show up in the driver's information center (on the dash where temperature & direction are) & the channel controls in the very back of the car don't work. Is there anyway to make either of these issues go away?